Thursday, April 23, 2015

Math teacher thank you

Radio Commentary

A math teacher in a Dallas High School received a wonderful present recently, in the form of a thank-you note that was reprinted in the Dallas Morning News.

The letter reads, in part: “Before school even started, I dreaded your class. I honestly hate math and I didn’t want to repeat Algebra One again.

“Over the year, you’ve shown me what it’s like to have a teacher that truly cares. I walk into your class every other day willing to learn and do my work, not because I enjoy school or math. I do it because you deserve it.

“I see the effort you put into you job. I don’t know much about you and you don’t know much about me … I don’t talk in your class but I do sit back and learn from you every day.

“It was not only coincidence that I was placed into your class, but a great learning opportunity. I am thankful I was placed in your class.
  
“Thank you for teaching me what no other teacher has.”

It’s easy to see why teacher Jennifer Davis considers this one of the best gifts of all time.  How nice for all of us to see a teacher acknowledged so movingly for her skills and her caring.