The future of any society is bound tightly to how it treats its children.
A contract created for American children promises the following:
- We promise to consider children’s well-being first in evaluating health and welfare reforms or other national policy.
- We promise to ensure that all children get the basics they need to grow up healthy.
- We promise all children a chance to achieve their potential, and we encourage parents to help by becoming active partners in their children’s education.
- We promise to reduce children’s exposure to violence — on TV, on our streets, and in our homes.
- We promise to help families stay together and help young people understand the rewards and responsibilities of parenting.
- We promise to help working families stay out of poverty.
- We promise to support families by making sure that education and job training are available to people of all means.
- We promise to provide young people with places to go and things to do that will help them act responsibly.
- We promise to support all children’s healthy development.
- We promise to hold our elected leaders accountable for safeguarding the future of America’s children.