The Santa Maria Valley Industry Education Council and the Santa Maria Valley Chamber of Commerce and Visitor & Convention Bureau are hosting their annual Business Appreciation luncheon on Wednesday, Oct. 8 at the Elks Lodge from noon to 1:30 p.m. The theme for this year’s event is Partnerships Are Sweet! It is an opportunity to thank the many local companies, nonprofit organizations and individuals who support our schools and want all students to experience the sweet smell of success on their educational journeys.
Companies, nonprofit agencies, and individuals provide schools with resources, awards and incentives for students, plus food for school activities. Many business leaders also share their time and expertise by participating in career days and the Principal For a Day programs. These activities help teachers give students the skills needed for success, and the luncheon is an annual event to show that appreciation.
The following people, businesses and nonprofit organizations are among those who will be honored on Oct. 8 for their contributions to the listed school districts:
- Georgia Schrager will be honored by the Allan Hancock College Foundation
- Colette Hadley will be recognized by the Santa Maria Valley Industry Education Council
- Altrusa International Foundation will be thanked by the Guadalupe Union School District
- Del Taco #833 will be honored by the Santa Barbara County Education Office’s Special Ed Department
- The Assistance League of Santa Barbara will be recognized by the Santa Maria-Bonita School District
- Rabobank, N.A. will be thanked by the Orcutt Union School District
- Plantel Nurseries will be recognized by the Santa Maria Joint Union High School District
The Partnerships Are Sweet! luncheon will include the distribution of eight computers through the Computer Connections program, a joint venture between the Industry Education Council and the Santa Maria Valley Chamber of Commerce. More than 200 students and their families have received new computer packages through the program for under-served children. This year’s major sponsors were the Wells Fargo Bank Foundation, Santa Maria Energy, LLC, and the Santa Maria Valley Chamber of Commerce and Visitor & Convention Bureau.
For reservations, please contact the Chamber at email@example.com, or call Jennifer at 925-2403. For questions about the Santa Maria Valley Industry Education Council and their partnerships, contact Peggy Greer, SMVIEC Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 349-0443.